Sunday 18 October 2015

Emboss your storage @ Tando Creative

Hi all, hope you are enjoying your weekend. For this weeks challenge over at Tando, it's use an embossing folder. 

I decided to use some of the Tando masks rather than folders as they emboss brilliantly and they are much more funky than the folders I have. (Bore alert!!!)

Here's what I came up with...








I used the Tando letters mask and the Tando Grid - round masks to decorate the different pieces of the Tando 3D bird house desk storage, which I embossed 6 of each mask. 

I dragged distress ink over the top of the embossed card and heat embossed with silver pearl distress ink. 

I then coloured the background with watered down IndigoBlu English Cottage Artist Acrylic paints. Then wiped the paint of the embossed areas with a wet wipe.
I flicked on some white gesso and rubbed over some black gesso to distress it. 

I did this with all 12 pieces of embossed card then drew round each of the pieces of the bird house and cut them out with a craft knife. 

I glued on each piece with DecoArt multi medium and painted the roof apex with black gesso, which can also be used as chalk board paint, then put the 3D bird house together. 





Bits & pieces I used....
Tando....
3D Bird House storage
Letters mask
Grid - round mask

IndigoBlu....
Paints - Townhouse Teal, Park Lane, Sleeping Beauty, Aladdin.
Gee-Sso Good Gesso - white, black

Other....
Distress Inks - Mermaid Lagoon, Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans.
Heat It Up embossing powder - Silver Pearl
Hot glue

Thanks for popping by, 
Lisa xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment