Sunday 4 October 2015

Faery Door @ Tando

Goodly mornin' to you all. This week at Tando Creative we've been searching at the bottom of the garden looking for mystical creatures and their habitats, looking for faery doors in particular.

Here is what I found at the bottom of my garden...





My faery door was made from the Tando Gothic Arch Layered Frame. It's made from 5 layers plus the back. I layered all the arch pieces up to create a 3D arch but only used 3 layers for the door. 

To create the 'bricks' I used a thick layer of filler from a DIY shop which I mixed with some DecoArt matte medium to make it more sticky and bind together more. When it was all on there, I patted it with a spatula to create texture then ran the edge of the spatula along the arch to create the look of individual bricks.

I then painted the bricks with black and white gesso to give the colour of stone. 


For the door, I wanted to make it more cute than gothic so used a palette of purples and pinks over a coat of white gesso. I used the IndigoBlu English Cottage Artist Acrylic Aladdin and Cinderella paints. After giving it a couple of good coats of colour I sanded it back like crazy to allow the white gesso underneath to show through. I stamped over the top with the 'scratches' stamp from Darkroom Door with Cloudy Sky and Ganache Stazon ink. I then added a coat of DecoArt matte medium to protect it. 

To finish, I painted the number 5 from the Tando Arthur numbers in pink and added some metal embellishments for the door knob and hinge.




Hope you like my take on the Faery Door challenge. You can link your entries via the Tando Website

Thanks for popping by, toodles..... 

I would like to enter this creation in to the following challenges:
Petal Lu - anything goes

2 comments:

  1. How lovely! Thats so sweet and different - its great! Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love fairy doors, my house has many, not as nice as this one though, mostly paper and made by the children but I've not the heart to bring them down!!! Wonderful and fun project, thank you so much for joining us at Petal Lu x

    ReplyDelete