Monday 1 December 2014

Holly Bow Tea Lights for ALTERED ECLECTICS

Hi peeps, I'm posting this for my first Design Team challenge over at Altered Eclectics and I'm so excited to be part of this team. 

As this challenge is the December challenge and the last before the festives, it will run until the 1st of February. So, plenty of time to play and get your entries in. Click on the link above to go to the blog and join in with the challenge. Woo Hoo!!! Of we go....


I saved a load of baby food jars from when my little ones where tiddlers and I've had them stored in a basket in my craft room. I thought I'd dig them out and have a play with the Holly Bow stamp from IndigoBlu and IndigoBlu English Cottage Artist Acrylic Metallic Paints. I chose the most Christmassy colours to start and first went with the Metallic Gold - Goldfinger.

This is what I came up with... 




I painted the jars with a couple of coats of Goldfinger paint, these jars are glass so a couple of coats was pretty good going!
I then stamped the Holly Bow stamp on to IndigoBlu Perfect Stamping Card and painted it with Ruby Slippers and mixed Emerald City with Sleeping Beauty for a darker green. 

I then stamped the Holly Bow on to parchment paper with FlitterGlu and Chocolate Box Mega Flakes. Then layered it over the top of the painted Holly Bow. 

I then wrapped some jute string with a red ribbon around the lip of the jar. 

I did the same with the second jar but used the stamp upside down to show the versatility of the stamp. Two for the price of one!!! 
Then just pop a tealight candle in to finish...






Thanks for popping by, hope I have inspired you to recycle your glass jars in to something pretty. 



6 comments:

  1. Fabulous Lisa and something I will definitely try - thanks for the inspiration

    Have a great Christmastime


    x Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful Lisa. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful glass luminary! Very creative use of the baby food jars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tea lights. Love the design. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not tried altering glass and will have to go on my to do list. You have made a fabulous job hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous altered jars, the glow is so rich!
    Merry Christmas from you DTeam mate at Altered Eclectics!
    Leigh S-B
    LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    DominoARTblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete