Monday 1 December 2014

Altered Box for ECLECTIC ELLAPU

Hello there, and welcome to my first Design Team post for Eclectic Ellapu

This months challenge for the purple team was Christmas - but not a card.




I chose a small paper mache box to jazz up.
I painted the box on the inside and out with IndigoBlu Gee-Sso Good White Gesso and left to dry.

I then sprayed the whole box with IndigoBlu English Cottage Artist Acrylic Paint using Grandma's Teacup which is a lovely pastel blue colour. I sprayed it all over the box and let it run over the surface. I didn't want a perfect painted look to it, just a patchy area of colour. 

I then stamped IndigoBlu Snowflake Lace on to white cosmetic tissue using Versafine ink. I attached the tissue using IndigoBlu Slap It On Matte Medium

I made the snowflake embellishment by pouring melted UTEE in to a silicon snowflake cake mould. I covered it with FlitterGlu and IndigoBlu Morris Dance Mega Flakes. I then swiped the FlitterGlu along the edge of the box lid and added the flakes. 










To join in with the challenge link your entries here.

Thanks for popping by, toodles for now...
Lis xxx 

5 comments:

  1. A gorgeous box Lisa, love the snowflake. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to be a new member of the team! Fantastic Creation. Such talent!
    ♥ Monica
    DT Member for Eclectic Ellapu!
    My personal Blog - Taylormadecards4u

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a gorgeous box, love the colour combo and the utee'd snowflake on top. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning creation! Love the large snowflake and the golden edge on the lid.. so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Lisa, wow what a gorgeous altered box. Love the colours and the snowflake is gorgeous.

    Teighan

    ReplyDelete