Monday 6 October 2014

Tag!!! It's Distressed!

Hi folks, I got to have a little play this week and thought I'd get back to what I love best.... a bit of distressing!!!!

I got out the fab IndigoBlu paints and started to have a little fun.

I love these paints!!!! The IndigoBlu English Cottage Artist Acrylic Paints are so versatile. They can be used in so many different ways which is why I love them so much. 
They are a water based flat matte artist quality paint, pigment rich and is fast drying so great for those eager beavers and acid free so no stinky smells. They can also be used on fabric too!!

They can be used with a little water and put in a spray bottle to be used as a spritzer. As they are of such a thick consistency and super pigment rich the colour isn't lost when added to water.

I am completely addicted to using them as spritzers. Which is exactly what I did for this creation.


Here is what I did....










I started with an 8 X 8 square of white IndigoBlu Perfect Stamping Card. I am completely in love with this card. 

It is such good quality and perfect for this technique. It holds the paint perfectly on the surface of the card and doesn't soak in or make the paint go murky like other cardstock. 

I mixed all the paint in to different bottles to a one part paint to four parts water ratio. And started spritzing.....

I used Park Lane, Townhouse Teal and a smidge of Peppermint Tea drying the layers in between. I tend to keep my heat gun going while I'm spritzing and randomly switch between each colour. I keep the heat gun approx 12" directly above the card so it doesn't 'blow' the paint in different directions. 

When I was happy with the background colour, out came the stamps! I chose Square Peg Round Hole and Itsy Bitsy Backgrounds to work with. I didn't really have a plan for the next part, I just used the stamps randomly with Stazon Gothic Purple, Vibrant Violet and Midnight Blue until I was happy with the layout. 

I then coloured a tag with the paint using the same method and stamped it with the Umbellate stamp using FlitterGlu and adding the gorgeous new Chocolate Box Mega Flakes which look like they are good enough to eat. So scrummy!!!

I then swiped the Phat Foam with the FlitterGlu on around the edges of the base card and adhered the flakes to create a border.

I used some cream hessian ribbon which I coloured with the Stazon ink along the centre of the base card and adhered the tag using foam tape.
I tied some purple satin ribbon on the other side and swiped over it with the blue ink. 



Thanks for popping by...





No comments:

Post a Comment