Wednesday 8 October 2014

IndigoBlu Challenge Blog - Challenge #20

Hi folks, there's another wonderful challenge going on over at IndigoBlu Challenge blog at the mo so I thought I'd share some inspiration.

For challenge #20 the challenge is to follow a sketch, and here it is...


Simple enough...

So here is my take on the sketch challenge...








I went with a travel theme for this one using the IndigoBlu Map Background A6 stamp and the 'Wish You Were Here' A6 stamp. I also used the Itsy Bitsy Backgrounds stamp set. 


I started by making the background colour on the card base by spritzing IndigoBlu English Cottage Artist Acrylic paint on to IndigoBlu 300gsm Perfect Stamping card

This is fast becoming one of my favourite ways to colour card. The paints can be mixed with water in a 1 part paint to 4 part water ratio in to spray bottles. The are fantastic as the colour doesn't mute when added with water and the consistency of the paint gives perfect coverage. 

I chose Hot Cocoa, Wimberry Pie and Park Lane paint. I wanted to create a background using the Air Mail colours but adding a bit of oldie antiquey-ness.

I used the same colours on two other pieces of smaller card. 

When I was happy with the base card colour I started to stamp. I stamped the Map Background on to the larger piece of card and folded it up like a map would be. I distressed the edges of the card and added a few tears and rips then inked around the edges with Vintage Sepia Versafine. 

I stamped the 'Wish You Were Here' stamp on to the smaller piece of card and inked it with Imperial Purple Versafine.

I added the zigzag lines stamp from the Itsy Bitsy Background set on the edges of the base card and 'Wish You Were Here' piece.

I added some jute string across the centre of the base card and tied a second length of jute string at the edge with a triple knot. 




Thanks for popping by... 



1 comment:

  1. Oh Lisa I love that you took a grungier route for this sketch. The spritzed background is wonderfully mottled and your whole colour scheme and travel theme are fantastic. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete