Friday 4 April 2014

Butterfly Flutterby....

Today's post was inspired by April's challenge over at the Visible Image blog. 



This month is all about tags. I love VI stamps, I'm a huge fan, but I also love, love, love anything with butterflies. 

I wanted to keep the colours simple yet striking and concentrate on the foreground design of the tag.

I cut a tag shape from Stamps Away Ink & Colour cardstock, stamped the bottom of the tag using the Retro Dots VI stamp and Wild Honey DI. I did the same on the top edges then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

I inked the rest tag with Milled Lavender, Seedless Preserves and Dusty Concord DI. I then sprayed it with water to give it the mockled effect. 

I stamped the butterfly twice on to SA cardstock, clear embossed, cut out and inked.

I stamped the VI butterfly sentiment using black Archival on to the tag. Attached the butterflies  and added some yellow-gold ribbon to finish.











I would like to enter this creation in to the following challenges:

Visible Image - April's Challenge - Tags

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Tag, I love the colours you've chosen and your design, fabulous work. Thanks for joining us in the visible Image Challenge and good luck. Hugs Pauline, DT member xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about this tag, colour and texture are great.
    Thanks for joining us at Visible Image challenge, good luck.
    Hugs, Karen (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete