Tuesday 29 April 2014

Happy Mothers Day Mum - 2014 card

Hello followers, I know Mothers Day was what seems like an age away, but I never got chance to show you what I made for my mum for Mother's Day. 


Here is the card I made.



I used the gorgeous Elizabeth Bennet A6 stamp from IndigoBlu. Just stunning. I've been wanting to use this for ages and thought a lovely vintage lace creation would work well. I stamped the image on to white card with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, smudged the image with a waterbrush and coloured in the flowers with Victorian Velvet DI and the bird and butterfly with Broken China DI. 




I went round the edge of the card with the stamped image on with IndigoBlu FlitterGlu and added IndigoBlu Brighton Pier Gilding Flakes to create a faux frame.  




To create the card base background, I used the frame from the IndigoBlu Bloomin' Great stamp set, stamping close the the edge with Vintage Photo DI.


I used a piece of pink paper and green spotty paper which I already had in my stash. I inked around the edges using Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

I layered the pink and green paper on to the background then added a length of wide lace ribbon across the centre. Then added the stamped image on top.



I created a flower embellishments using Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die, made a flower and heart embellishment from pouring UTEE into moulds and adding some mica powder. I coloured some organza ribbon with Peacock Feather DI and added a Creative Expressions Dazzler to the centre. stamped a sentiment and cut in to a banner and added it to the corner of the card and added a couple of gold gems to finish. 





Thanks for popping along to my blog today.





No comments:

Post a Comment