Monday 7 April 2014

Follow Your Dreams

Today's post is all about gilding flakes. Gilding flakes and ink.... I tried this technique a few weeks ago and got a bit aggravated. But after having discussions with my crafty facebook buddies and watching a few demos, the penny dropped. 

For this project I used the utterly gorgeous "Art Flowers" stamps designed by Sam Poole. I love these stamps and I always find myself going back to them.  I also used my lovely Peacock Feathers and Iced Spruce Distress Inks along with Indigoblu 'Brighton Pier' gilding flakes. 

This technique consists of using two or three different colours of ink to colour the stamp but leaving areas for the flitter glue to sit which will then be covered with gilding flakes. Sounds complicated right!!?? Well, I think I actually cracked it! After playing around with different card, ink, amounts of glue etc, etc. I think I've found a way that works!! 

And here it is....












Thanks for visiting today, hope you will leave me a comment. 




I would like to enter this creation in to the following challenges:


Sentimental Sundays - challenge #201 vintage/steampunk
Sunday Stamper - week 302 
Stampin' for the weekend - spring colours
Country View Challenges - It's challenge #14
Artful Times - Challenge #52

9 comments:

  1. Cool technique Lisa, looks fab... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very beautiful Lisa and nice to share it at Artful Times but to be eligible for our prize you can only enter 5 challenges with the one piece.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely Lisa. The metal flakes look terrific

    Thank you for sharing this with us at Artful Times for our metal challenge.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fab Lisa, think you have indeed cracked it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super effect,a really gorgeous card !
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Artful Times
    Von x☺x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really different take on 'heavy metal' which I would never have thought of. Well done you. Looks good.
    Thanks for joining us at AT - Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! I've never heard/seen this technique before but it looks great! well done for persevering and make it work! Thank you so much for joining us in our Vintage / Steampunk challenge at Sentimental Sundays !
    Mirella DK
    DT Sentimental Sundays (Cute and Crafty Cards by Mirella)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's gorgeous... I've had failures with the flitter glu and gilding flakes but you've inspired me to give it another go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great technique and beautiful outcome, thanks for linking to Country View Challenges xx

    ReplyDelete