Saturday 24 March 2018

Sketchbooking with The Artistic Stamper Stencils

Hello folks and welcome to my post for The Artistic Stamper. This month our theme is Stencils.

I managed to get my hands on some more of the wonderful stencils at The Artistic Stamper and I had a right good play.
I have been persuading myself for the past couple of years now to try scrapbooking. And with multiple sketchbooks piling up I though lets try it....
So I grabbed one of my sketchbooks out of the pile, grabbed a handful of stencils and got to it. 

And here is the result...


The sketchbook I used has thick textured white pages, almost like recycled paper. So the ink tended to soak in to the pages more, but I like the faded, muted look it has given. 

The selection of stencils I used from The Artistic Stamper were the 3 x 3 Harlequin, 3 x 3 chevron, 3 x 3 sequin waste, 6 x 6 random dots and 6 x 6 honeycomb.


The Artistic Stamper Mask Harlequin 3" X 3"  The Artistic Stamper Mask Chevron 3" X 3"  The Artistic Stamper Mask Sequin Waste 3" X 3"   The Artistic Stamper Mask- Random Dots 6" x 6"  The Artistic Stamper mask-Honeycomb 6" x 6"  

I used a selection of Distress Oxide Inks to ink through the stencils.





I then wanted to add some stamping over the stencilled background. So I used The Artistic Stamper Artifacts Funky Fairy stamp and Artifacts Shooting Stars stamp.

Artifacts - Funky Fairy          Artifacts - Shooting Stars   




To finish I added some handwritten words. 

From taking the plunge in to scrapbooking, finally... I have realised it comes in the form of inspiration and creativity, not perfection. It doesn't have to be perfect, over the top and overly thought out to get it down on paper. 

I hope you like what I have done with The Artistic Stencils.
If you would like to leave a comment please do so, I love to hear your thoughts. 
Toodles for now,
Lisa xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment