Sunday 25 March 2018

Crackle Paint @ Tando

Hi Folks, here's my post for Tando and this week theme is 'Crackle Paint'.

I love crackle paint. LoVe! LoVe! LoVe!!! 
A ton of different results can come from the same product depending on the thickness applied. 



I used an A5 notebook as a substrate and Tando Drainpipe Elements to decorate.

I first painted the notebook cover with DecoArt black gesso and let dry. Then painted a thick coat of DecoArt Weathered Wood.

When the weathered Wood had dried, I applied a thick coat of DecoArt Media crackle paint. 




(The thicker the coat of crackle paint, the bigger the cracks. If a thin layer of the crackle paint is applied then hairline cracks will appear. Here is where the different results can be seen.)

I did the same with the drainpipe elements. But after the crackle paint had dried I then painted them with DecoArt Premium Acrylics. 

(By doing this the cracks made by the Weathered Wood and Crackle Paint are covered, yet texture can still be seen.)





Thanks for popping by, leave a comment if you wish, I love to hear your thoughts.
Toodles for now,
Lisa xxx 

Here are all the products I used, which are all available on the Tando Website.


Set of Drainpipe elements   Media: Black Gesso   Weathered Wood   Media: White Crackle PAINT   Media: Ultra Matte   Diarylide Yellow Premium   Burnt Sienna Premium   Cadmium Orange Hue Premium

No comments:

Post a Comment