Thursday 26 November 2015

Layers, layers, layers

Hi all and welcome to today's post. I've got a bit behind with blogging lately so I'm backtracking a bit... 

This post is all about layering. I chose some of the lovely papers from IndigoBlu to play with. The papers come in a variety of sizes - 12" x 12", 6" x 6", postcard size 6" x 4" and business card size approx 3.5" x 2". These papers include the most beautiful vintage, distressed images. I've never really been a fan of ready made papers but these are just lush.



I chose a piece of the 12" x 12" paper, one of the postcard sizes and one of the smaller business card size ones. I distressed them with IndigoBlu paints and white gesso so they all looked similar. I also screwed them up to add creases, ripped the edges and sanded areas. 




I wanted a layered area to be the focus point of the piece so added lots of stamping with ink, stamping with gilding flakes, crackle paste, bits of sting, paper, a resin frame, floral arranging sticks, paper flowers and a metal butterfly. 






I'm not entirely sure what I think about this to be honest...but I'm glad I got over the 12" x 12" fear that initially came over me. 


Bits and pieces I used...

* IndigoBlu stamps - Itsy Bitsy Backgrounds, Honeycomb Background.
* IndigoBlu English Cottage Artist Acrylic Paints - Postbox Red, Burning Bonfire, Townhouse Teal. 
* IndigoBlu Gee-Soo-Good White.
* IndigoBlu Mixed Media Papers.
* IndigoBlu Mega Flakes - Copper Kettle.
* Kroma Crackle.
* Black Ink.
* Resin frame.
* Paper flowers.
* Floral arranging twigs.
* Jute string and cotton thread.

Thanks for popping by, 
toodles, Lisa x


No comments:

Post a Comment