Sunday 1 February 2015

ALTERED ECLECTICS - MDF Hearts

Hi folks, welcome to my first post of the year for Altered Eclectics. We have all had a lonnnnggggg break after Christmas and therefore there wasn't a challenge set for January. But we are back with a bang!!!! And the team have come up with some amazing transformations.

Here is my contribution...

 
 
 
I'm a huge fan of MDF, so I chose these three hearts to create a hanging. I painted them with white Gesso and sprayed them with IndigoBlu English Cottage Artists Acrylic Paints.
 
I used the new IndigoBlu stamps designed by Limor Webber - 'Rugged Edge' and 'Limor Circles' with a selection of Distress Inks.
 
These stamps are so fabulous for creating little background areas and building up to create amazing patterns.
 
 
I then joined them together by making holes in the top and bottom centre of each heart and attaching with jute string to keep the rustic, distressed look. 
 






 
 
 
Thanks for popping by.... Hope to see you over at the challenge. Find the link above.
Toodles for now.....

3 comments:

  1. A gorgeous project. The background gives the hearts such texture - lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love MDF - a girl after my own heart. Love the colour scheme and fabulous end product. Will look fabulous in any room. My friend loves purple/lilacs and you have given me idea for her birthday pressie. Thank you for that hun. Am pleased you are an eclectic girlie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project. Love those hearts. Great details in your art work. Judy

    ReplyDelete