Sunday 9 March 2014

PANDORA'S BOX,... well, Marion's...

It was recently my very good interiend's birthday, my interiend, Marion, is now a good crafty friend who I met on facebook sometime ago. We speak every day, along with a few other mischievous ladies... and I will leave it at that... er hum... it was recently Marion's birthday and as friends do, I made and sent her a card. But, me being me, shoved it through the postbox instead of going in the the post office. A few days later, after Marion's birthday had gone, I got a message from Marion saying she had recieved, not my card, but a letter from the post office saying they were holding a card as it had the incorrect postage!!!
Great!!! So as I failed to send her a card this year, I thought I would make up for it and use my lovely melt pot to make her this chest.

Happy Birthday Marion!!!!!! hip hip....



I took the fastenings and hinges off and painted the box with ivory emulsion paint (for some reason I'm loving using emulsion for a base coat lately...) then inked with Weathered Wood Distress Ink. 
I got out the melt pot and melted some yummy bees wax... mmmm.... I stamped on to tissue and adhered it with the bees wax on the inside of the lid.


I stamped directly on the outside of the box with Archival Ink and painted over it with the bees wax to create create texture. 

I made some flowers and dipped them in the bees wax along with some silk leaves and added them to the lid of the chest.

I melted some clear UTEE in the melt pot and covered a silver butterfly charm with it then used a flower shape cutter to create the shape. I made three of these and put them on the lid with the paper flowers.

I recently purchased the Katy Sue buttons mould and thought this would be a good time to play with it. I filled the mould with the clear UTEE after it had been in the pot for a while so it was quite an amber colour. 

I was going to colour the buttons but thought they looked lovely and also gives Marion the option to colour them if she chooses. 

I really enjoyed creating with the melt pot for this project and enjoyed making it even more because I knew Marion was going to receive it.


























Bits and Bobs I used....

* wooden chest box
* patterned paper 
* Weathered Wood Distress Ink
* leaves
* clear UTEE
* bees wax
* flower mould
* Katy Sue button mould
* butterfly charms
* button florals stamp set
* cosmetic tissue 


I would like to enter this creation in the following challenge:

Artful Times - challenge 50 anything goes
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - march challenge 

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Lisa and the bee wax is such a great idea for extra texture

    Thank you for joining us at Artful Times for anything goes.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful gift made with love for your friend ☺ so pleased you shared it with us at Artful Times
    Von ☺x☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful creative make. Just love it.

    Thanks for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit.

    Moira DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Certainly a lot of techniques went into the making of this. Like the idea of using the beeswax on the flowers. Am sure this will be a much loved box.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Artful Times - Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creation, Bees Wax is so much fun to use.

    Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with our 2nd Challenge at Rhedd's Creative Spirit.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xxx (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete