Wednesday 1 February 2017

I'm Back..... with Altered Eclectics

Hi folks and welcome to my 1st post of 2017 for Altered Eclectics

I decided, with some encouragement from the lovely Elaine (boss lady of Altered Eclectics/Eclectic Ellapu) to return to the team at Altered Eclectics after having some time away. And I'm so glad to be back.

Here is my first project contribution to the team...



I started off with a small MDF tower which stores 40 Distress Inks.
But of course there are always more and more Distress Inks to come... So I ended up getting another tower which stored 60 inks. But now, having two towers which takes up twice as much space. So, what to do.... put them together...


I started by painting both towers with white gesso.



Then glued both towers together on top of each other. I used some clothes pegs to secure the towers until the glue dried.




When the towers were secure together, I added some stencilling with white modeling paste and a stencil.



I then added a coat of teal blue paint to each of the inside shelves and the outsides.



To make the stencilling stand out, I dry brushed some purple paint over the top of the stencilling and along the edges of the shelves.




To finish, I added some random stamping with a star stamp. 






Why don't you pop over to the Altered Eclectics challenge blog and enter our challenge. They start on the 1st of every month and you can enter mixed media projects, altered art, upcycling or recycling projects..... no cards or ATC's please as these will be deleted.

Thanks for popping by,
hope to see you again soon
Lisa xxx 

4 comments:

  1. Love your altered tower Lisa. You inspire me to do more around my craft room. Welcome to the group. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your ink storage..great colour choice too...x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a grand comeback with such a gi-normous project. Love what you have done with it. Loving the textures and colour hun - beautiful xx ps - welcome back xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever design, Lisa! The best designs in the world are the ones that combine beauty with functionality!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT, Altered Eclectics

    ReplyDelete