Saturday 23 April 2016

MIXED MEDIA TAG @ TANDO

A big hello to everyone as it's been a while, ok, it's been a llllooooonnnnngggggg time since I last blogged. Had a few (hundred) things to deal with and it put a holt on the creative juices from flowing. 


But... I'm back with a mixed media tag for Tando Creative. You can check out the Tando blog here.


MIXED MEDIA TAG

I started with a Tando tag and painted it with the three DecoArt Fluid Acrylic colours in three horizontal sections. 

I stamped the painted background with Carmen's Veranda Grunge Black Swirl stamp and Jet Black StazOn ink.  






I then used some homemade texture paste through the Tando cogs mask. When dry, I placed the mask over the textures areas and painted them with the DecoArt metallic gold paint. 






I stamped areas of the Carmen's Veranda stamp on to the tag with clear embossing ink and heat embossed the areas with gold embossing powder.




I applied DecoArt sand texture paste to one of the small clocks with my finger, which gives a more bumpy, textured appearance than when using a spatula. 
I then, randomly added clear embossing ink to the clock and heat embossed it with the gold powder.

To finish, I added some white silk and blue organza ribbons. 



Bits and Pieces I used...

Tando Long tags.
Tando cogs group mask.
Tando 4 clocks small.
(All available on the Tando Creative Website)

Set of 5 Long Tags     Cogs Group Mask 15cm x 15cm   4 Clocks Small


DecoArt Fluid Acrylics - blue green light, colbalt teal hue, colbalt turquoise hue, metallic gold.
DecoArt Sand Texture Paste.
Carmen's Veranda Grunge Black Swirl stamp.
Homemade Texture Paste.
Gold Embossing Powder.



Thanks for popping by, and hopefully it won't be as long next time...
Toodles for now.
Lisa x 

I would like to enter this mixed media tag in to the following challenges:
SanDee & Amelie's steampunk challenge - April 2016

4 comments:

  1. Love this, gorgeous colours and love the gold, I usually colour my paste first, why oh why have i never thought to paint it lol. Great tutorial thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you back, Lisa!
    And your tag is so beautiful! Looks like you had a great time being creative again!

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice Tag and I love the combination of turquoise and gold and silver colors. Lovely background with great texture on it.
    Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vibrant and elegant looking tag with wonderful texture and details! The background stamping is fantabulous and adds such nice depth behind the clocks. Wonderful color choices with the bold blue and gold! The stenciling is genius! Awesome sauce.

    Thanks for joining us at SanDee&Amelie's Steampunk challenge! Hugz. ~Niki DT

    ReplyDelete