Saturday 4 April 2015

Limor Circles ATB

Hi all, another blog post from me today. I created this a while ago and realised I haven't blogged it yet, ooopppsss. So here it is... This is a ATB - or Artist Trading Block. Similar to ATC's (Artist Trading Card) but a 3D version. I have played with ATC's before and have done a few swaps with other artists and have always loved what I have received. 

But.... I'm an 8 x 8 girl!! I love a big square surface to work on. So the size of the ATC took a bit of getting used to. So I though an ATB with bigger surfaces to work on was a fab idea. 



I decided to used the Limor Circles stamp set from IndigoBlu for this project as there are loads of different designs of circles to choose from and in different sizes. 

I first cute my cube base from a piece of linen A3 cardstock. I then cut 6 squares approx 3" for each face of the cube. 

I chose a selection of blue distress inks to play with ranging from faded jeans to peacock feathers. And started stamping.....

I lined all the 6 square pieces up and as randomly as possible, started stamping. I wanted to create a similar design for each square but in a random style. So each square had all the same stamps but not necessarily in the same place.

I then used the large and medium target stamp on each square and added white and black embossing powder. 

On the cube base, I stamped the net circle from the Limor Circles down each folded edge with FlitterGlu and added IndigoBlu Mega Flakes.

I then stuck each square to each side of the cube and then constructed it in to a 3D cube. 














Thanks for popping by.... 
Leave me a crafty comment if you wish.

Toodles for now.... 

5 comments:

  1. LOVE how those layered circles work on this ATB Lisa! What a fabulous make. I'm so glad you rediscovered it (got a couple of those myself so it's also a great reminder to do the same some time!) Have a great Easter. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great ATB Lisa - wonderful x

    ReplyDelete