Friday 16 May 2014

Mother's Day Plaque

Hi folks!! I recently showed you the car I made for Mother's Day this year. I also made my mum a MDF plaque.

Here it is... 



I used a selection of Visible Image stamps and had a play with the melting pot for this project.

The Visible Image stamps I used were the Plaid Background, Grunge Polka Dot background, the rose from the Isabella Lost Love Set and the Large Butterfly.

I sanded a MDF plaque and gave it a coat of gesso then painted it with neutral emulsion paint. 

I stamped the Plaid and Grunge Polka Dot stamps directly on the MDF and stamped the rose from the Isabella Lost Love set and Butterfly stamp on to cosmetic tissue. 




I placed the roses and butterflies on to the plaque and painted bees wax over the top and then painted the entire plaque with the wax. I then brushed the front with Mica Powder to give the wax a shine. 

I printed the sentiment out on to white card, cut it in to sections and inked around the edges. I dipped the card in to clear UTEE in the melting pot and left to dry. 

I die cut some flowers using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die on to patterned paper, layered them and added black glitter to the centres of the flowers. ]

I added the sentiment sections and a metal butterfly embellishment. To finish, I added some black paint around the edge of the plaque and threaded some jute string to the top. 












Thanks for popping along today. 






No comments:

Post a Comment