Saturday 27 July 2013

In the garden...

This is a box card I made for a friends mums 60th birthday who enjoys gardening. 

I used the 'home to nest' papers from Docrafts as my initial inspiration. 

I decided to use a box card as it was a 'special' birthday being a 60th ans also wanted to include 3D elements.

The front of the card box I made an envelope from the Docraft papers and included a pull out tag with a 'happy 60th birthday' message. I tied jute twine around the spine and added a jute knot to act as a handle to open the card.






I covered the inside box with wood grain print paper to create a feel as if the recipient was looking out a window in to the garden. I used a Flowersoft stamp to stamp the tree and added Flowersoft to create colour and texture.

I added the fence using a Spellbinders die.
The flowers at the front were created the same was as the tree.



My favourite part of making the card was creating the trellis. I used cocktail sticks which I coloured using a Promarker, criss-crossed and glued at the points and covered with Flowersoft.




I filled a mini wicker basket with tulip paper flowers and reindeer moss and tied a jute knot in the handle.




I loved doing this project and was particularly pleased to hear the recipient liked her card so much it made her cry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment