Sunday 28 July 2013

Engagement card - January 2013

This is a card I created for my cousin who got engaged on Christmas day 2012. I really enjoyed this project as I took me back to my roots of using fabric.




I raided my ribbon/fabric stash (which I have a lot of) and found all the cream and white lace I could find.  


I cut a heart template out and covered the whole thing with red-liner double sided tape. I cut strips the width of the heart and started to stick them down in strips. 

I chose some 'special' lengths of lace to add over the top to stand out and break up some of the white. 


I added a long piece of lace around the edge, and gathered it as I stuck it in place.
I then added buttons and paper roses, and made so mini fabric roses to match. 

I decided to make a box to send the card. I made the box using Crafters Companion centura pearl card and cut out the initials of the recipients S & R on my Cricut machine.

I added flowers and buttons to match the card.




Hope you like...



No comments:

Post a Comment