Sunday 22 October 2017

Anything Goes @ Tando

Hi folks and welcome to my blog post for today. It's an 'anything goes' week at Tando this week. 
So, I chose to play with the Tando Ministry of Mixology Kate Crane Journal. Everyone loves a journal, but creating your own cover makes it even more personal and I had so much fun with this project.


Here is my creation...




Firstly, I chose lots of different fabrics and ribbons with lots of texture such as lace and hessian. I adhered these bits to the front cover of the journal, layering and overlaying different pieces to create lots of texture. And because there was so many layers to stick, I adhered them with matte heavy gel medium rather than a standard glue. 



I then raided my trinket box - which is masssiivvvveee!! It is full of metal embellishments, fabric and paper flowers, buttons, broken jewellery bits, cameos... along with bits and pieces of allsorts and everything. So, I had a good rummage and pulled out a few items.





I then arranged, re-arranged and re-arranged the trinket finds on to the journal cover. Again, using the matte heavy gel medium I adhere the embellishments on to the cover.  








When all the embellishments were fixed in to place, I covered the entire journal front with DecoArt black Gesso and left to dry. 


Then came the fun bit... I pulled out a selection of colours of DecoArt Media Acrylic paints. I used Blue Green Light,Cobalt Teal Hue, Colbalt Turquoise Hue, Primary Cyan, Yellow Green Light along with white and black DecoArt Gesso






After splashing a bit of paint about until I was happy, I let everything dry. Then I applied a couple of coats of DecoArt Media Ultra Matte Varnish to make sure everything looked ultra matte and to add a bit of protection to the cover. 





I hope you have enjoyed looking at my latest creation. If you would like to leave a comment please do so, I love to hear what you think. 
Toodles for now,
Lisa xxx 



Here is everything I used, which is all available from the Tando website

Ministry of Mixology Kate Crane Journal      Media: White Gesso   Media: Black Gesso   Media: Ultra Matte   Fluid Acrylics: Blue Green Light   Fluid Acrylics: Cobalt Teal   Fluid Acrylics: Cobalt Turquoise   Fluid Acrylics: Primary Cyan   Fluid Acrylics: Yellow Green Light

I would like to enter this creation in to the following challenges:
Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge - challenge #31













9 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa this is stunning I love the colours and all the texture you have created. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours and textures - fabulous project!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous - so personal. Great job x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning and you can almost feel the texture/dimension through the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful cover for your journal. Fabulous details and great depth of textures and colour.
    Thank you for joining in with our October challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic cover hun, stunning work xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning - a really beautiful cover for a journal

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favourite colours, this looks lovely http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete