Sunday 4 September 2016

Ministry of Mixology @ Tando

Hey folks and welcome to this weeks challenge from Tando! The theme this week is Ministry of Mixology kits.

The team chose one of the kits from the Ministry of Mixology events to work with.


Here is my creation...



I used the Ministry of Mixology Andy Skinner frame. I also used my homemade texture paste, lots of DecoArt Media Acrylic Paint and some products from Stampendous.

I first painted all the pieces of the frame with black gesso then applied homemade texture paste to the outer pieces of the frame. I then added lots of layers of DecoArt Media paint to create the colours and tones I wanted. 





I used Andy Skinner's rust techniques for the screws around the inner frame which I learned at one of the Tando Ministry of Mixology Retreats.




For the inside section of the frame, I painted a 3D paper mache heart with DecoArt Media paint and added some sparkle and texture using the Bronze Frantage Encrusted Jewel Kit from Stampendous.




I had a really good time playing with the Ministry of Mixology Frame. It's an excellent kit to try out loads of techniques on.




Pop over to the Tando website to see all the products I have used and you can go to the Tando Blog from the Website to see what the rest of the team have created.

Ministry of Mixology Andy Skinner frame      Frantage Jewel Kit: BRONZE   Image result for decoart media logo

Thanks for popping by
Lisa xxx


2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa this is gorgeous I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Lisa, I love all the texture you have created and wonderful colours too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete