Saturday 14 May 2016

We're All Going Crackle!! @ Tando

Hi folks and welcome to another blog post for Tando Creative. This week, we are all going crackle! I think all the team wanted to have a go at this theme, I mean who doesn't love doing a good crackle???

So, I started with a 6 x 4 inch canvas board, one of the brilliant new mini masks from Tando and picked up some of the fabulous DecoArt products along the way. 

Here is my creation...



First, I gave the canvas a good coat of DecoArt paint using darker colours. I then applied a thick layer of DecoArt weathered wood over the top. While it was still wet, I applied a thin coat of DecoArt crackle paint.






This gave me a crackled textured base to work on. After everything was dry, I placed the Tando distressed sequins mini mask on the canvas board and scraped through a heavy amount of homemade texture paste to get some real texture. I continued to do this in random areas of the canvas. 





Then, added some more texture paste around the edges and the opposite two corners of the canvas. I wanted to create crackle and more texture from different media... The crackle paint, texture paste, the mini mask...



When the texture paste was completely dry, I painted over the whole canvas board with a wash of colour using DecoArt Media acrylic paints. 

I then went in with the embossing powder. I used copper and black powder and added multiple layers over and over. I also overheated the powder in areas to create its own crackle within the powder. 






Lastly, I stamped the Deep Red Weathered Wall stamp on to areas of the open spaces. 





Hope you like my crackle! 



Products used...

Tando Mini Mask - Distressed Sequins
DecoArt Media Acrylics
DecoArt Weathered Wood
Deep Red Stamp - Weathered Wall
Homemade texture paste
Embossing powder - black, copper


Mini Mask - Distressed Sequins


Thanks for popping by...
Lisa xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment